15 October 2013

tuesday's notes | grateful for the world

Hello World. I am so grateful for you today. I am so grateful that you were able to share some of your more glorious wonders with my family and me this past weekend: the colors of Autumn, hushed wind,  laughter, farm-to-table food, sunsets around a campfire, the bending grass, tracks of small mammals, wild turkeys. I loved watching the boys with their friends: run through camp, hanging out in trees, climbing up forts, creating their own wild kingdom.
                         
                                      It was wondrous.

I am always so grateful when the boys are able to run astride nature in this way; to be able to touch the circle with which they are a part of, yet so difficult to hold onto when one lives in a big city.

So today's notes are this. Just the grateful warmth I feel in my heart for the small kingdoms we stumble upon, that touch our hearts and give strength to our souls.

This is a new series called tuesday's notes. You are welcome to write along if you want, just leave a comment with your blog address if you decide to write one and I will be sure to come say hello. These "Notes" can be notes to your self (future or past), notes to the rude person who cut you off in line, notes to your children, note's to your parents... I think you get the idea. Would love if you "wrote along!"
xxoo

4 comments:

  1. sweet! I must remember to join in next week.
    beautiful thoughts, mama.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. "small kingdoms"...yes, that would be the patch of woods next to our house! A small kingdom for my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rebecca, I couldn't find an email for you, so hope you don't mind me posting this here, as it made me think of you.

    A blog I've read for years and so enjoy, is Orangette. Molly posted something I thought was amazing. You may already have heard of it, or indeed read Molly's post. Either way, reading it made me think of you and I thought you may be interested.

    http://orangette.blogspot.com.au/ its' the october 16th post.

    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete

hello there! I love it so when you leave a bit of a note to let me know how you are and what you are thinking. I always love to hear about the things inspiring you and moving you through your day.

About Recently...