23 June 2014

places

Out on the freeway as the dust of night stretches her lonely palms across the Los Angeles horizon.

 The windows in my VW wagon are wide open and my left hand, placed slightly ajar out the window, moves up and down in the racing wind along the highway as my right hand steers.  As much as this urban expanse is at times a disruptive blight on a once pristine desert, my heart swells with love for this place I call home.  It is a jumbled chaotic mix of heat and humanity: of palm trees, racing cars and soaring aspirations.  I breath in the cooling night air, tasting the plumes of passing diesel engines and the song of sweaty broken hearts. 

 It makes no sense to love this place, no logic at all, but somehow, I do. 

hope you are well my friends. xo

5 comments:

  1. beautiful. i sometimes find myself trying to understand why certain places are favored, like you, "with no logic" but i can't. and that's the best part. lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautifully you write. The energy and vitality of the urban sprawl is irresistible isn't it. So much life, every emotion, every experience is there. Impossible not to be captivated. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful writing!!!!!! I was just thinking of you the other day and then your post popped up. I hope you and your family are all well and enjoying the warm days of summer.
    Chey xo

    ReplyDelete

hello there! I love it so when you leave a bit of a note to let me know how you are and what you are thinking. I always love to hear about the things inspiring you and moving you through your day.

About Recently...